Saturday, September 17, 2011

Backtracking: Hear Tell: William Caswell, Remembering one of "Our 11" on 9/11


I've slipped a bit this week for non-broadcast reasons, so this is the first a few things I'll post that deal with past broadcast/stories.

As part of WTOP's coverage of the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I contacted Julia Caswell Daitch, the sister of William E. Daitch, one of 11 Montgomery County residents killed on September 11, 2001. She was kind enough to sit for an interview because the focus would not be on what she calls 'the nation's story', but on helping listeners see beyond the name on a memorial.

I am deeply grateful to her for agreeing to talk to WTOP. I hope the story helps, in some small way, for her wish to come true; that we can all be a little more kind to each other.

Hear Tell: Julia Caswell Daitch on her brother 'Billy', William Caswell

No comments:

Post a Comment