Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kidical Mass DC: Babies on Bikes

You've heard of Critical Mass...and you may have the image of renegade road warriors on bikes, out to key your car, slap your hood with U-locks and such.*

That is so not this.

If you're a WTOP listener (and if you're not, you should be. I know I am!) you heard an interview I did last month with Megan Odett, the organizer of Kidical Mass DC. The idea is to get parents and kids out on bikes, enjoying fresh air, community, and exercise.

Saturday, I caught up with the group at Pound, a coffee house near the Eastern Market Metro stop. There I met Todd Hettenbach, who was kind enough to tell me why he and son Ethan take part.




Kidical Mass DC: Why bike with kids? from kate ryan on Vimeo.




Kidical Mass DC: How do drivers react? from kate ryan on Vimeo.


Kidical Mass DC: Advice for parents who'd like to try it? from kate ryan on Vimeo.


Thanks Todd! Thanks Ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment