Saturday, January 22, 2011

Update: Natasha Pettigrew

This week, as I covered a news conference in Prince George's County regarding the police response to a spate of murders, I had a chance to talk with newly-elected State's Attorney for Prince George's, Angela Alsobrooks.

I asked her whether there will be charges filed in the September death of cyclist and Green Party candidate Natasha Pettigrew. Alsobrooks explained to me that the the investigation is not yet complete. I asked if the investigation is taking an unusually long amount of time, and was told no, it's not uncommon for the crash reconstruction unit investigations to take 6 months or more.

When there's a new development, be sure to check with WTOP 103.5 fm and WTOP.COM and on this blog.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! That the driver was somehow not able to notice that her car was dragging a bicycle continues to amaze me. Maybe she really did think she hit a deer... that was riding a bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on Ms. Pettigrew. The investigation into Chris Benton's death, the cyclist killed in Alexandria on Nov. 23, is also still under investigation. Police were looking for a witness but we haven't heard if they've found one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce, thank you for that info. I'll check with WTOP'S Virginia reporter on any possible updates, and file those here when I can.

    ReplyDelete