Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy Steals the Bike(lime)Light

Ok, so this weekend, I attended the FABB Bike Summit at George Mason University and met a number of people doing all kinds of things to make biking better in our region--not just in Fairfax. I have sooo much material..and then Sandy hit. She'll have me (figuratively speaking) under water for a while, but as soon as I can, I will get you the FABB stories along with the effort to make Pennsylvania Avenue safer for everyone: cyclists, pedestrians and yes, drivers!

But for now, bear with me as I test the waterproof properties of my outerwear and report from the rainsoaked roadways at WTOP.

And tell me how you all are doing out there: are you hunkering down at home? Do you have to get in to work? Dealing with the Capital Bikeshare closings? Do tell. And really, stay safe. I've covered a lot of storms and messy weather stories over the years---this one is really dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment