Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DC State Fair 2012

I missed the DC State Fair's Home-Made Bike Accessory Contest, but I did get there in time to watch some of the judging in the cupcake competition, talk to the winner of the best home-made honey (dark category) and just meet and greet some of my neighbors here in DC.

As someone who's still very much on the sharp edge of the learning curve when it comes to video, here's a little bit of what I saw. And heard.

DC State Fair 2012 from Kate Ryan Reports on Vimeo.

And here are some stills from that video. With a bit of background.

Hope you like them.

The official logo of the DC State Fair 2012.



Is it me, or is this guy giving us a little bit of an eye-roll? Still, he was very sweet to the kids. He seemed to like their attention. The dogs that people brought to the fair? Not so much.















Dancing feet. 
This stilt walker took time to engage everyone who walked by. And made plenty of parents happy when she told kids "How did I get this tall? I ate alllll my broccoli." 

I loved how this little boy seemed beside himself with excitement, yet wasn't letting go of his mom's leg--juust in case.

This Marine sweetly asked the little girl if she liked being up on top of the Humvee. She nodded. After a while he asked, "Would you like to get down now?" She simply shook her head. She looked totally comfortable up there. Future Commander-in-Chief?

 
Face-painting, shopping, food-sampling, balloon souvenirs. It was the end of a fun, full day. I just thought they were such a cute, happy family.


...and here's our bikey reference (aside from the contest I missed). Yvonne Vanderhoof was walking her pretty burgundy bike along, and looked the picture of stylish and casual. We chatted a bit. Her son goes to a school where they encourage the kids to ride their bikes to and from school. Future bike commuters of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment