Thursday, July 15, 2010

Is This What Bike Helmets Are For, Really?

I'm not a racer. I'm a plodder. Strictly a recreational and errand rider.
And I'm no expert here, but is this 'sporting'? Headbutting in cycling? Or am I naive?

I know the headbutt got this cyclist (Mark Renshaw) booted from the Tour de France, but wow. I thought it was very Speed Racer stuff. And not in a cool way.

This British announcer takes it in stride.

...I heard an international broadcast earlier and despite my very limited Dutch, their announcers seemed a lot more unhappy with the headbutt as a strategy with lots of mentions of "de kop! de kop!" ("the head! the head!")*

*(or it could have been "het kop! het kop!", I failed to master the use of proper articles in a not so distant class in Nederlands.)

No comments:

Post a Comment